With the Fear of God, with Faith and Love!
It is always helpful to remind ourselves of how we are practicing our Orthodox Faith. At the heart of that "practice" is our preparation for, and reception of, the Eucharist. Therefore, I have attached a document dealing with our preparation, so that it be in a "worthy manner." This article goes into some depth in explaining the meaning and purpose behind preparing to receive Holy Communion. These are meant to be guidelines that assist in creating a "eucharistic discipline" rather than an air-tight set of "rules" that are meant to be legalistically adhered to. Please contact me with any questions...
A Guide to the Divine Liturgy
The DIVINE LITURGY of the ORTHODOX CHURCH
by Archpriest Steven C. Kostoff
Third Edition, with a new Epilogue by the author
Seekers, catechumens and Orthodox faithful alike will be blessed by this trustworthy and inspiring guide to the Divine Liturgy and the Life in Christ, composed by our beloved pastor, a faithful presbyter of the Orthodox Church in America.
Paperback, 64 pages, full color cover; $9.99 retail.
Great Lent - The Fifth Week
• Wed. March 21, 6:00pm - Presanctified Liturgy
• Thu. March 22, 7:00pm - Great Canon w/Life of St Mary of Egypt
• Fri. March 23, 7:00pm - Akathist Hymn
• Sat. March 24, 8am - Noon - Parish Cleanup Day
Great Feast of the Annunciation
• Saturday, March 24, 6:00pm - Great Vespers w/Litya
• Sunday, March 25, 9:30am - Divine Liturgy; Hours at 9:10am
Great Lent & Holy Week Resources
• Explore our Great Lent Resource Section
• See Fr Steven's Lenten Reading List
• Read Fr Steven's Lenten Meditations
Full Schedule on our Parish Calendar (below),
Join us for Great Vespers on Saturday evenings at 6:00pm,
and Divine Liturgy on the Lord's Day at 9:30am,
preceded by the Hours at 9:10am!
Our Parish Calendar syncs with most smartphones, tablets & computers - Once you sync our calendar to your iPhone, iPad, Android device, PC or Mac, it will automatically update as we post our parish schedule on our pop-up calendar. Just use the provided sync buttons to enable. Learn more here.
|9:10am|| - Hours of Prayer|
The Third and Sixth Hours of Prayer on Sunday are comprised of psalms and hymns centering on the Resurrection of Christ. Begin your Sundays with us during this quiet and moving service.
|9:30am|| - Divine Liturgy of St. Basil the Great (Sundays of Lent)|
The pinnacle of Orthodox Christian worship, the Divine Liturgy makes every Sunday a 'mini-Pascha', as we meet, worship and enter into communion with the Risen Christ!
|6:00pm|| - Great Vespers and Confessions|
Begin the Lord's Day with the beautiful and holy traditional evening service of the Church.
LEARN THE SCRIPTURES
AND THE SAINTS!
- Today's Scripture Readings
- Today's Feasts and Saints - Also search by saint's name or by date of commemoration.
- Prologue of Ochrid - Brief Lives of Saints of the Day, with Reflections, by St Nikolai Velimirovich
- AbbaMoses.com - Wonderful summaries of the lives of the Saints.
- Saints of North America - Icons, Lives and Troparia/Kontakia for our beloved saints of North America
- Akathist Hymn to St Herman of Alaska (PDF format)
- Saint of the Day Podcast on Ancient Faith Radio